J!TrackGallery is a Joomla Track Gallery component, which allows to store and display GPS track data and photos.
Our Goal is to provide a non commercial, free, open source, GNU/GPL2 licensed component for Joomla 3.x and 4.x (with some backward compatibility for older Joomla versions).
The main features are:
- Upload and edit GPS tracks (GPX tracks/routes, KML, TCX format) via frontend or backend (administrator view)
- Support for different maps: Open Street Map + variants (e.g. opencylcemap), Bing maps, and French IGN
- Basic features for each track are calculated from the GPS track
- Add a description, category information etc
- Add photos to each track; geotagged images are shown on the map
- Frontend provides functionality for rating and commenting
- Appearance can be tweaked via css templates (partial support)
- To see the frontend, please look here for Joomla 3 and Joomla 4
- Documentation pages can be found here
- The code is hosted on github: list of releases and release notes
- J-TrackGallery is has also been submitted to the Joomla extension directory
- For bug reports etc to this version, use the github issues page
- The J!TrackGallery maps plugin can be used to show GPS tracks in Joomla articles or other components
J!TrackGallery consists of several pieces, a Joomla! component, 2 modules and plugin packages.
The main functionality part or base package is a Joomla! component (
com_jtg.zip<). This is the base package, which the modules and plugin rely on. The J!TrackGallery component provides the interface to upload GPS files and to store information, add a description, etc and to display them.
The plugin (
plg_jtrackgallery_maps.zip) provides the possibility to show GPS tracks on a map on other pages, for example in Joomla! articles.
Two modules (
mod_jtg_latest.zip) provide functionality to show a list of the most popular and most recent tracks in a fixed location on each page.